princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Don't Die, Dragonfly - Linda Joy Singleton Another free ebook...I didn't very much like this one. A lot of Sabine's narration went all over the place, and I couldn't focus on the main plot. Story elements seemed to be dropped all over the place and then picked up randomly. Also, the characters tended to state the obvious to each other, as well as having very narrow characterization. Sabine's backstory is very thinly referred to, and her instant dislike of Dominic was too jarring for me to understand. Also (I'm going to tangentially rant here, sorry), the ending is an obvious cliffhanger, as if it was forcing me to read the next book. First books in a series should be able to stand on their own as an introduction, not end with "I have a terrible secret! You must give me your answer!" and cut. If the last chapter was pushed to the next book, I may be more interested in picking it up, but it was very jarring and forced for me.