princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft - Stephen King There are two writing books that I keep going back to during the various stages of the writing process. One is Chris Baty’s No Plot, No Problem!, which I use as sort of a shorthand guide to get me through “Just write the damn thing, okay?” The other book that I go back to for all of the nitty gritty details is this one. Not only is it a solid book on writing and crafting, but unlike many of the other writing manuals I’ve read, King manages to add his own personal touch. (Actually, I recommend On Writing not only to aspiring writers, but to avid readers as well.) Not to mention, it’s interesting; I love the bookends of King’s personal life in between the actual writing sections. Definitely a must-read.