princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Everything's Eventual

Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales - Stephen King Of the several short collections of Stephen King, this is definitely tilted more towards the ‘heart of darkness’ in the overall themes. I also think this is one of the better collections, and it’s definitely a great example of his writing in the last ten or so years.I won’t go into every story, but my personal favorites: ‘All That You Love Will Be Carried Away,’ ‘The Death of Jack Hamilton,’ ‘L.T.’s Theory of Pets’ (which encapsulates the whole collection perfectly imo), and ‘1408.’ Also of note is “The Little Sisters of Eluria” which is a Dark Tower prequel story—I single it out because Dark Tower is one of the few Stephen King books that I haven’t read, and I have a hard time getting into The Gunslinger. But I love this short novel. Overall—one of his standout collections, and definitely high up on my recommendation list.