princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

The Last Little Blue Envelope

The Last Little Blue Envelope - Maureen Johnson When I first heard about this book, I was a little apprehensive- 13 Little Blue Envelopes ended so well, it didn't need a sequel! Oh, how very wrong I was.I loved the direction Ginny took in this. I liked how the last envelope worked and that she had to backtrack through the highlights of the first book, but it never felt redundant or too focused on "this is what happened last time!" Also, I loved how she and Keith dealt with the sudden change in their relationship, and how most of the time, they just acted like they normally did. Ellis is probably my new favorite character in this- she's fun, she's not vilified as the "new girlfriend," and you feel that she's also uncomfortable about Keith and Ginny and what Ellis means. While Olivier was the more engaging character, it took a while for me to warm to him. I would have liked more hints into his personal reasons for getting the painting money earlier in the book, but the little details still work in the context of the book. It's a great read, and if you liked the first book, READ THIS ONE. RIGHT NOW. GO AND ORDER IT.