princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

No Place Like Home (InCryptid, #0.3)

No Place Like Home (InCryptid, #0.3) - Seanan McGuire A nice little breather story, this isn’t as action-packed as the prior two InCryptid prequels. I like that this serves as Frances’s larger introduction to the Cryptids and the Prices’ world (without the cryptids trying to kill her the whole time). It’s not as solid as the previous story, but I think it’s more due to the fact that this is largely character interaction as opposed to “shooting a lot of things that are going to eat us.” I wouldn’t say skip it, but don’t look down on the fact that there’s not a lot of action banter going on here.