princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Tithe: A Modern Fairy Tale (The Modern Faerie Tales, #1)

Tithe: A Modern Fairy Tale (The Modern Faerie Tales, #1) - Holly Black I really liked the introduction to the world of “Modern Faerie” in the book. However, I had a hard time getting into Kaye’s story and her conflict with her true nature didn’t seem to have any consequences. However, the Unseelie/Seelie court plotline fascinated me, as did the consequences that came out of the titular tithe. It did a great job of setting up the plot for the trilogy, and it did make me want to pick up the next two books in the series. Also, I love that it shows that the courts’ nature aren’t as black and white as mortals like to believe.