princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Hollywood Nobody - Lisa Samson, Timothy Penland This was a free book I found on the Kindle store, so really, I get what I paid for. While the idea was interesting, I was really underwhelmed by the story. I couldn't get into Scotty's situation, the narration was choppy and ranged wildly- it seemed unnatural and too adult at times. Also, I had no idea of what was going on. Plot elements kept dropping and appearing- like the whole sub-plot of the revival tent, which was really random- and the explanation at the end came out of left field. It made me feel that the story wasn't really over, but I don't know if I want to read the next book in the series, as this didn't impress me very much.