princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Princess Izzy and the E Street Shuffle - Beverly Bartlett Upon rereading this book, I have a much different reaction to it. Maybe it’s because I don’t read tell-all biographies, so I’m already not a fan of the style, but the narration came off as being catty when I think the author was going for witty. My main problem is with some of the plot “twists”—if only because there’s a twist at the end of the last twenty chapters. At that point, it stops being surprising and more plodding. (And some of the twists you could probably guess from the beginning of the book.) Also, the Springsteen references don’t contribute to the plot, and come off as more of a gimmick (“Cover Me” inspires a glove craze? Seriously?) and there’s too many pop culture references that come off as overbearing instead of witty.