princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom - Cory Doctorow This is one of the Cory Doctorow books I've been wanting to read for a while, so I picked up a copy for my Kindle. It was a different read from what I had been expecting. I like how Doctorow sets up this completely futuristic world, but in the context of the Magic Kingdom, it still feels down to earth. I did have a big problem relating to Julius and Dan (Lil was the only character that I liked for the majority of the book) and their issues, although I kept reliking and disliking them throughout the course of the novel. I really did like the overall set-up of the book- Julius getting murdered, trying to figure it out- but once it got into his vendetta against Debra and her ad-hocs, that was the point I started not relating to the characters anymore. It was an interesting read, and does make me want to pick up more of Doctorow's adult work.