princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Eona: The Last Dragoneye - Alison Goodman YOU GUYS THIS BOOK. I have been waiting for this sequel since originally reading Eon back in 2009. And it delivers!Picking up a while after the first book finished, I really liked how there's all of this unease going through Eona's head as she's travelling the countryside. I like how she wants to test out her new powers, but the circumstances make it impossible to do such. It's nice to see a strong female character who has to make a choice on how to use her powers, knowing how it'll affect her allies and friends. I like how we also don't know everything about the Dragoneye lore (although I would love to see more set in this world), and how that helps and hinders the characters at the same time. It's also interesting to see Lady Dela out of her element for such a long time; it shows off her other talents, but you can see that she's frustrated and wants this to be over with. Also- RYKO who is awesome and badass and just wants to protect Dela. I love him, even when he wanted to smash Eona for some of the things that she does. The only thing that I didn't like was Ido- I know he's the antagonist, but he's supposed to be more of a rounded character, especially since Eona goes through a lot just to rescue him. I felt that maybe Ido was going to redeem himself, but he still came off as a creepy, power-hungry, rapey wannabe god. Other than that, I loved this book and was very sad to see it end. If you haven't read the first book, DO IT. NOW. And then read this.