princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Brain Droppings - George Carlin I’m not a fan of most humor books. I can read humorous essays, and enjoy them, and I can read autobiographies and memoirs by comedians, but I really wasn’t a fan of this style of humor book. A lot of it is Carlin’s transcribed stand-up, and most of the humor is lost in the transition. It’s still funny, but without the inflictions and way that Carlin speaks, it’s lost and feels like a big laundry list of rants (ymmv on Carlin’s stand-up and humor). I really can’t recommend it, unless if you’re a big George Carlin fan.