princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Star Trek - Alan Dean Foster I’ll be honest and risk having my geek cred revoked—I’m not a Star Trek fan. I don’t hate it, I just never got into it; I’ve only seen a handful of episodes (largely DS9 and Voyager); most of my working knowledge of the series comes from Futurama, Galaxy Quest and geek osmosis, and I did see the 2009 film. Which is why I saved this book from work, thought I could give it go and see what happens. It’s an enjoyable read, if cheesy and stilted and purpley at times. Foster does bring a touch of humor into the text, which offsets the darker scenes in the book, but otherwise, it’s a standard novelization. The main reason this gets a two star (more closer to two and a half) is because of the aforementioned circumstances. I didn’t hate the book, but it’s not my thing.