princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

All Just Glass - Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Hooray, a sequel to Shattered Mirror! I was very excited when I saw this book, and interested in finding out what happened next. While the end of Shattered Mirror did seem pretty complete, the fact that everything wasn't okay and fine really drove this book. Aside from the fact that there were ten years between the books, All Just Glass picks up immediately after the first book and the adrenaline does not let up. I loved that there was a further explanation about the witches' lines and how they work together. While I didn't think Kristopher and Nikolas were as fully defined characters this time, I did like how they tried to help Sara deal with her situation. The ending, again, was open-ended, with room to explore more of this conflict. (Although it did seem a little obvious, what with the Wicked reference, slight spoiler.) I also didn't like the quick explanation of Dominique's "wild child" past- I think it would have been more effective if it had been touched on in an earlier book. Still, cannot wait to read what comes next!