princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury I think that this is one of those books that everyone needs, and also that people need to reread it every once in a while. It’s not just about censorship—it’s about the need to face the things that make us uncomfortable and move away from that which numbs us. When you realize that Guy’s been questioning his role as a fireman for a while, I found it to be a moving moment. And when I say that it needs to be reread, it’s because that a lot of the issues that the book deals with continue to be problems, whether it’s the censorship, or people shutting themselves with entertainment, or blindly listening to the media. A must read for everyone.