princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

A Great and Terrible Beauty  - Libba Bray Wonderful mix of Victorian mystery and a Gothic atmosphere. I was little wary about picking these books up for the first time, but the moment Gemma stepped into Spence and quickly became her own person, I was hooked. The set-up about the Order and the Realms takes a little too long to be introduced into the plot, and the major conflict of the book happened a little fast, as if this and “”Rebel Angels” were going to be one big volume. It really does read like a prologue, but it kept me entertained and curious to find out what happened next.