princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

The Martian Chronicles - Ray Bradbury What really is a collection of short pieces, tied together for a fifty-span of the colonization of Mars and the near-destruction of the human race. This is probably my favorite Bradbury book, although on this most recent reread, I had a little trouble reconciling some of the attitudes and ideas of what 2030 would have been (circa 1960s). It’s still a very interesting look at the effects of colonization and space exploration, and how humans would react to life on Mars. It’s a fun little book.