princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List - Rachel Cohn, David Levithan I liked this a lot better than Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. What really works is that the story isn't exclusively told through Naomi or Ely's point-of-view, but you get the perspectives of their friends and everyone who's effected by them- it really makes it feel like Naomi and Ely are a force to be reckoned with, and they will get everyone else involved in their problems. Speaking of, I'm really not a fan of the "bitchy" character, but the thing about Levithan/Cohn books is that they take those characters and make them realistic and more down-to-earth. It really shows in Naomi's character, who I expected not to like, but ended up rooting for. The only thing that really bothered me is that I was more interested in the peripheral stories about the Robins and Bruce the First, but the book is really more about the titular characters. Aside from that, I really enjoyed this book and want to pick up the next collaboration by these two.