princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Scrambled Eggs at Midnight - Brad Barkley, Heather Hepler I think this is the better of the two Barkley & Halper books that I’ve read. I like the juxtaposition of Eliot’s and Calliope’s stories. Even with their circumstances in their lives, you really get the sense that these are two very lonely teenagers who need something. While I’m not a fan of the “Free spirited mother who acts more like the teenager” trope, this book makes Cal’s mom and their interactions work very well. The dialogue seems a little too adult and trying to be hip at times, but I still really enjoy this book.