princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

The Sweet Far Thing  - Libba Bray While the size of this book daunted me a little, I tore through it. The plot twisted in ways I didn’t think, and the ending was gut-wrenchingly good. (In that NOOO must these characters die, stay here, I love you! way) I loved Gemma’s dealings with everyone trying to get her magic and how she tries to stay on her own path without descending into darkness. Ann’s story was completely heart-breaking for a good chunk of the book, and I almost cheered when she decided to take her life and destiny into her own hands. The only thing I didn’t like was the third-person prologue—it makes sense in context, but it’s jarring to see the narrative out of Gemma’s head. I was afraid that the size of the book would mean a long, drawn out ending book that will. Not. End, but I loved every page of this.