princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Eternal Spring - Diana Peterfreund,  Juli Alexander,  Amanda Brice,  Carey Corp,  Stephanie Dray,  Leslie DuBois,  Lois Lavrisa,  P.R. Mason,  Jennifer McAndrews,  Renee Pace,  Rhonda Stapleton,  Tawny Stokes,  Alicia Street In a word, bland. I do really enjoy reading themed anthologies, especially when there’s a strong theme and strong stories to go along with it. This unfortunately does not have a lot of strong stories, and let’s be honest—spring is a really generic theme. Taking the prom stories out of here, and there was only one or two stories that had to really do a lot with springtime.And the stories were extremely weak. I only liked three of them—“The Princess of Egypt Must Die”, “Spring Perfection” and “On a Field, Sable.” (The last of which is the story I downloaded the collection for in the first place.) The rest were just bland, boring, and in some places exceedingly stupid and insulting (for example, “Picture Not Perfect” and “Potionate Love”—the second one really pissed me off). My recommendation, if you can find individual downloads for the three stories I liked, by all means, get the individual stories. However, you can frankly skip the rest of this collection.