princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Errant - Diana Peterfreund Interesting addition to the Killer Unicorns universe. I like the emphasis on the historical unicorn hunters, as well as tying actual depictions of unicorn hunts and tapestry. That said, I wish there would have been more of Elise’s quiet strength, and her build-up to defying her family and fiance’s wishes at the end. Gitta’s story is strong, and I liked her relationship with Enyo the unicorn. It’s not a bad short story, and I’d recommend it for fans of the Killer Unicorns series, but it didn’t have the same drawing in as Rampant or “The Care and Keeping of Your Killer Unicorn” did. (Note: I got those during the free Smashwords promo last month.)