princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Married in Green (InCryptid, #0.4) - Seanan McGuire I do really enjoy the shorts about the Price family, although…I don’t know? I think I’d be a lot more into them if I read them in a big anthology. Because while I like the little glimpses into Frances’s and Jonathan’s life together, stories like this one are very much breather stories and don’t really grab me as much. Not that they’re bad, they’re really good and sometimes you need a breather story. I just feel like that if I read these all in a row or in one big collection, I’d be a little more invested in it. But still, I liked this, I liked getting more into Frances’s backstory (especially since I haven’t read the first of the InCryptid shorts), and I liked the hint that things are going to go south for the Prices, but again, I’m not feeling the whole weight of it yet. But still, really well written and a nice glimpse into the Price family’s lives.