princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Changelings & Other Stories

Changelings & Other Stories - Leah Cypess Eh. I would have rated this higher, seeing as a lot of the stories in this collection are right up my alley—dark fantasy and alternate realities. Unfortunately, Cypress tends to end a lot of these with a more positive spin than one would think would happen. (See the titular first stories, “Changelings” which ends on such a complete 180; it makes sense in-universe, but the tone is so sudden and different, it jolted me out of the story.) The overall prose isn’t bad, I just don’t like the sudden “lighter and softer” change a lot of the stories had.