princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Victoria and the Rogue

Victoria and the Rogue - Meg Cabot I liked this a lot better than Nicola & the Viscount, mainly because Victoria is more of an engaging heroine. It also seems a little more plausible plot-wise, with Hugo trying to marry Victoria for her money. I had less “historical accuracy RAAAAAGE” while reading this (with maybe exception to the orphan subplot), the characters are a lot more fun and seem a lot more like people, rather than just plot points. While I’m still not happy with the “I hate you! But you’re attractive!” model of Jacob and Victoria’s relationship, it did come across as Jacob having Victoria’s best interests at heart. In conclusion: a fun read for anyone looking for something easy.