princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June - Robin Benway When picking up an author’s follow-up to their breakout novel, I really try not to compare it with their earlier work. That being said, I was extremely disappointed with this. It lacks the fizzle and fun that Audrey, Wait! had to it. The characters were flat and clichéd, as were the choice for their powers, (the ignored middle child turns invisible. Like that hasn’t been done before), and I didn’t get a sense of growth from them. Also, the big, huge event everyone freaks out doesn’t really linger over the plot and seems really contrived. A lot of the book felt like an introduction to the sisters’ lives, but I think the book could have been written so much better.