princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

White Cat (Curse Workers (Quality))

White Cat  - Holly Black One of the things that I loved about this book was the subtly of how this world was different than ours, with the addition of workers and charms. For a first book, this was a really strong introduction to Cassel and his situation. I loved the tension and the realization of what was really going on—it made me want to go and pick up the next book right now. The only thing I didn’t really like was the resolution and the revelation of what really happened to Lila—the reveal came too quickly and the consequences and effects didn’t seem to have any impact on the characters for the time being. Still, it was a fun book and I would love to see what’s going to happen after this.