princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Book 2)

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #2) - Ann Brashares Picking up on the second book, this is the one where you see a lot of consequences and how realistic the Sisterhood are. While constant reverting the characters’ personalities in a series can be extremely frustrating (and is one of my major turn-offs), it works well here, because characters like Carmen and Tibby keep kicking themselves over their guilt for their actions and then turn around and keep acting like brats. I really like Bee’s story the best in her, you get the idea of how much of a façade she puts up and what happens when she breaks down. I loved her reconnecting with her roots and how she gets stronger. It’s a worthy sequel to the original book, and very enjoyable.