princessstarr

Confessions of a Bibliophile

Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood

Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #3) - Ann Brashares In my opinion, while “Girls in Pants” is the weakest out of the four, I don’t think it’s a bad book. It feels more like a filler to set up for the grand finale. There’s a strong sense of how hard long-term separation is going to be on the girls, and a lot of the story revolves around home and family. I wasn’t fond of having Carmen tout Valia around for a whole summer, on top of her dealing with her mother’s pregnancy, but it strengthened her character beyond “teenager with family issues.” The biggest misstep, though, was re-establishing Bridget’s relationship with Eric. Her breakdown and fallout at the end of the first book really hooked me, so having everything be okay now that Bridget’s of legal age bugged me. (If they had come to terms with what happened and left it at that, I would be fine with him showing up again.) Again, not a horrible book, but feels more like a place-holder.